Monday, June 8, 2015

Laredo [Week 46] - June 8, 2015

Hey y'all!

Well, that one week baptism guy (R*) turned out to be a member - they just took some time finding his records. He is also ordained a priest, so I don't know how we missed that. We are working with him now to receive the Melchizedek priesthood and to go through the temple so everything is still great!

M* T* is progressing slowly but steadily. The spirit has just been candid in telling me that being chill with her is probably the best option. She didn't come to church this week because of some carpet remodeling, but she'll come next week for sure and she has been reading the Book of Mormon. What a marvelously spiritual woman she is!

A* was a little crazy this week. Her LDS boyfriend broke up with her, so she wanted to stop investigating, but we were super kind and left some ice cream on her doorstep, and after three or four days she texted us saying she wanted to meet with us again. She's super cool too and she's come to church twice already. Prayer works!

What is a tender mercy that you had this week?

We had a miracle investigator show up to church! All of our people fell through, so I thought we weren't going to have anyone at church. I found out afterwards, though, that someone came to the block before from our area. We are going to go by him sometime this week.
(President Maluenda) came up to Laredo yesterday to have a big meeting about making Laredo a Stake before the end of the year. He went pretty hard on some unprepared branch presidencies.  I actually agreed with the way he delt with the presidencies - if we are going to have a stake, the branches can't be casual or apathetic about saving the one anymore. They needed it.

How do those pants fit?

They're great! Thanks so much for those. Oh! BTW - were those pants really 65 dollars? In the future, just remember that I have 15 dollar thighs. I need 15 dollar pants that don't make my 15 dollar thighs feel guilty. But thanks for the pants again!  (The pants were $25 so no worries!)

What needs, if any, do you have? 

Creo que estoy bien. Is it alright if I send a box home? I have too many ties. Also, I might send my tithing and SD cards home.

What made you laugh this week?

Well, I got shot with an air soft gun this week. That gave me a good chuckle after it stopped smarting.

What is a story that you've been wanting to tell us, but haven't had time? 

Hmm. Well we had to take a bunch of (inappropriate pictures) from one of our investigators. That was strange. Having it in the car on the way to chuck it was definitely a weird feeling as well. We found a big dumpster at a Boys and Girls club. To prevent anyone from taking it and using it, we decided the best option was to tear it all up, which we did to the best of our ability, but hopefully none of those poor kids at the boys and girls club ever find it.  Our efforts to avoid glimpsing it were more valiant than anything else we have ever done.

I have to go. I love you guys! I pray for you all by name every day. I love you guys so so so much! Have a great week!




 Elder Hickman

Elder Martin

 Elder Martin, Hermana Lance, and Hermana Tippetts




No comments:

Post a Comment