Tuesday, March 3, 2015

[Laredo] Week 32 - March 2, 2015

Hey Guys!

I love you all so, so, so much too. I hope you guys all know that. You guys are my best friends and I wouldn't trade that blessing for anything.

Bottom: Elder Hickman, Elder ?, Elder Curtis; Second level:  Elder Sessions, Elder Stanley, Elder Martin, Elder Thornton; Top:  Elder ?,  Elder Farrer, Elder Montgomery


From what we can tell, it looks like you're still in Laredo with Elder Curtis. 

Yeah! I stayed in Laredo! I actually prayed to stay, so I was quite relieved when I found out I was staying with Elder Curtis. Man, I love that guy!

Is it getting a lot warmer there yet?

Well, this past week de hecho hacia mucho frio. But Elder Livingston left me some gloves, which made a world of difference. I had more winter clothes on here than I did back home. It was great!

Isaac loves you and says hello. 

Issac - Hi Isaac! I love you so much! Thank you for the letters you have sent me the past couple of weeks. I love them! I'm so happy that you want to serve a mission too! I know it's where God wants you to go. I love you a lot, Isaac!

Just walk us through how the transfers have impacted you. 

Elder Livingston was replaced by Elder Knighton, who I actually know pretty well! They went to church with us back in Hidalgo, as well as playing basketball for P-Day, and eating at the Uribes. I was super excited when he was coming up because I really like Elder Knighton. He's a super chill, super fun guy. Yeah Ochoa came up! When I heard he was coming, I jumped out of my bed and ran around the apartment screaming. I love that guy. We still wake up to do cross-fit, but we alternate every other day with playing basket ball.

Tell us about your investigators/less-active members with whom you're working.

Well, we couldn't find Ceci's records, so we can baptize her! We still have to get her out to church, and we've kind of traveled away from her original need. We are going to have to either get her to quit work so she can come, or we are going to kind of have to tell her we can't progress. We also found a girl named Jennifer this week who is super cool. She listens to like Gorillaz and wants to study art. She is super good and drawing and painting. Her mom looks like a ginger Mrs. Doubtfire and is blind. She is a flaming baptist and even gave us some "La Unica Puerta" apostasy pamphlets. She's awesome. We brought the Garcia girls (some of my favorite members ever) to a member present lesson. Jennifer said an awesome, heartfelt prayer in which she pleaded for her cancerous grandma (something that hit home) and that she could graduate so she could go to college. She gave thanks for all the opportunities she has seen in her life with her art and the money she's been able to get. I was so full of the spirit and just love for her and a desire for her to get baptized. It was awesome.

Tell us something that made you happy this week. 

We had two less actives come to church yesterday! And one reactivation! That made me super happy! I'm trying to think of other things. I just find myself happier a lot. We laugh a lot which makes all the difference. What about you guys? What things made you guys happy this week?

I love you, Dad! Thanks for being the best Dad on the Planet! I love you so much!

I love you so much, Mom! I love you all, actually! Have a wonderful week and give Jonah a big hug for me. I love you all so much. God does too!

Love,

Elder Noah Hickman




 Mom:  Cornflakes?  
Noah:  It is a box of Sadness.
Dad:  Why Sadness?  Is it because you hate cornflakes?  They aren't so bad.
Noah:  Nasty.  They are Nasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment