Yeah . . . so . . . we neglected to change the time. I woke up at what was really 6:30, but the clocks all said 5:30.
I went to the bathroom in a need-to-go stupor, and as I dried my hands
after washing, kind of realized that it was pretty bright outside for
only 5:30,
but no one was up. So I thought to myself, "Elder Hickman doesn't ask
questions. Elder Hickman sleeps." So I jumped back into bed and enjoyed a
nice extra hour of sleep. I felt pretty guilty when we all
woke up and realized we were an hour behind schedule and had all slept
in to 7:30. Wooooops.
Mom already told you about our new choir number--it is genuinely cool.
Yeah
it sounds awesome! Where did he get the arrangement? Haha poor sister
Bare. She's really humble - she is better than she gives herself credit
for. I can't wait
to go back to choir with you guys underneath him.
Haha don't worry about not sending a poem. Tell (Grandma & Grandpa) both how much I love them
and pray for them too. Oh. It looks like you already did. Thanks for
that! I'm glad she'll (Grandma Hickman) be able to be treated someplace that is more
familiar. Perhaps that will help everything. I sure do love them both.
Isaac! I sure do love you? How is school going? Do you like it? I guess I
will see you in that time! Give or take a couple months. I sure love
you so so so so so so much too Isaac!
How are things with your guitar?
Perfect! Actually it's been more of a blessing than I could have
anticipated. My guitar is a good place for Elder Curtis to be able to relax and just get some
of the tension out. He plays it more than I do, and I honestly wouldn't
have it any other way. He needs it more than I do. What a great guy he
is. What a great example he has
been for me! I love that guy!
We hope that you and Ramen are enjoying your sing-alongs together.
We do, Ramen and I, enjoy our sing alongs. But I ate him in a fit of en hungered rage. That kind of put a damper on the sing along. And our friendship in it's entirety.
We hope that you and Ramen are enjoying your sing-alongs together.
We do, Ramen and I, enjoy our sing alongs. But I ate him in a fit of en hungered rage. That kind of put a damper on the sing along. And our friendship in it's entirety.
Tell us how things are with your investigators and/or less-active members with whom you're working.
It's super hard to meet with Cessi. She couldn't come to church
again. We've been having some drama with members as of late which has
made some parts on that front a little stagnant. Hopefully we have
worked everything out by sometime this week and everything can return to
it's normal pace. We found a less-active-recent-convert with 3 baptism
age siblings, 1 of which has been to church. We are going to hit that
house super hard. We also have been progressing slowly but steadily with
Jesus. Have I told you about him? He's a super cool investigator we
found. He's really open to everything we teach. He's a firefighter who
served in the military for like 6 years. He's Catholic and it was super
hard to squeeze a BD out of him, but we have another appointment with
him on Thursday.
What's a spiritual experience you had this week?
Well, I really felt the spirit strongly twice. Firstly
was yesterday. We didn't go out to work after church because Elder
Curtis got pretty sick. After I cleaned the kitchen a little and did
some other things, I was reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish. I had my
iPod playing some MoTab, and "This is the Christ" came on. I always
feel such a clarity of focus and charity whenever I hear that song. I
realized why I am here doing what I am doing. It was awesome. I also had
a matter I needed some guidance on in my prayers last night and felt a
really profound feeling of peace, as well as having several sentences of
specific guidance about why I was put into the family I was come into
my mind. It was great. I also wasn't praying about family stuff so the
revelation was sudden and unexpected.
How is your bike holding up generally?
My bike is doing beautifully! Once I lubed the chain
and actually pumped up the tires, I cut the effort I was using by like
half. I wished I known that like 2 or 3 weeks ago. I get wet, but half
of it is because I am a very sweaty fellow, and when I wear both my
sweater and jacket, it gets pretty steamy all up in this.
Yeah we had Zone conference. No interview. It was a good Zone conference!
If
you have to go, Dad, I love you a lot! I look forward to your letters
every week. I love you all so much! I couldn't have asked for a better
Dad! I love you! Good luck with your class!
I love you guys a lot. I actually have to go pretty soon. I just want you to know that I love you, each individually. I love you all and I pray for you by name. I love you guys and hope that you know that and that God loves you too. I love you guys all so, so much.
I love you guys a lot. I actually have to go pretty soon. I just want you to know that I love you, each individually. I love you all and I pray for you by name. I love you guys and hope that you know that and that God loves you too. I love you guys all so, so much.
Love you guys! Have a great week!
Elder Noah Hickman
No comments:
Post a Comment