Monday, August 3, 2015

[Laredo] Week 54 - August 3, 2015



Hey guys!

Antes que digo algo, I am so sorry that your A/C broke. Que horible.

Hola a todos!

My recent converts are doing great! My investigators are doing well too. We had three lined up to come to church this week -they're super cool - but their stepdad got arrested, and he isn't a citizen, so they were scrambling to pay the bail before they realized and he got deported. Their names are H*, U*, and A*.

Also, if you wanted to pray for R* and L*, that would be great. R* is M*'s little brother, and L* is a door contact we had, and she could use prayers. Thanks guys! I love you!

At this point, have you opened all the envelopes that I sent with you at the beginning of your mission? Would you like me to send additional ones to you?

I think so - yes. Yeah! If you wanted to send me more consejo, I would absolutely love it.

What is a tender mercy or a spiritual experience that you had this week?

None come to mind immediately. I need to keep track of those more. Like, we found 8 new investigators this week and ended with 12 active baptismal dates, so that is a huge blessing.

Do you want me to send you some Carnation like I did before?

No - I have been trying to drink Almond/Coconut milk for the calcium, and Carnation doesn't taste as good in that. Here is what I eat for breakfast - usually some oreos. Lol. Three eggs, a glass of Alm. Milk, and usually something else like some mangos that you sent. And then I munch my way to lunch.

Oh yeah - this week, I met a guy who was the spitting image of grandpa hickman, but he had a mexican afro and moustache, so he also kind of looked like a mexican bob ross. To make matters weirder, he went to MD Anderson for cancer treatment. I was tripping. He also only spoke Spanish. Anyway.

Well, I have to go, but I love you guys so so so much! I love you Mom! I love you Dad! I love you Jonah! I love you Isaac! I hope you know how much I love you and how much I pray for you guys. I am so proud to be your son and brother. Have a wonderful week!

Love a lot,

Elder Hickman






No comments:

Post a Comment