Hey guys!
Estoy aqui! That sounds like a great vacation. What did you guys do in Vegas? Yosemite looks beautiful in the pictures you guys sent.
Any news on transfers? If they split your areas again, will you be on a bike or still have a car?
Nothing. We would have a car, but we would only keep 2 of our 4 recent converts. Claro, we would probably still visit them.
Do you ever participate with the branch in their branch activities? What types of activities have you had?
Yeah! We have one for pretty much every holiday, and the other day we watched "Meet the Mormons" in the Spanish branch.
How are M*, R*, M* and C* doing? How about your new investigators?
They are doing great! I love them so much. We told M* T* there was a chance that we would leave, and she got super teary. It really touched me. I don't want to leave this place. I love Laredo so much.
I will make sure she knows I love her. I think we are going over tonight to say goodbye, since I am probably leaving. I sure hope not, but we'll see.
Is there anything particular that makes you think that you are leaving?
Well, I have been in Laredo for 5 transfers. It is really rare for someone to stay for 6 transfers in one zone.
Haha well we were out in the boonies of our area, in the ghost towns, and we saw a referral that we had was just getting home, so we went and knocked it. It was a trailer, so the house was kind of elevated, and there was a hole in the criss-crossed wood slats that cover the space up. We walked past it without thinking anything of it, and knocked the door. All of a sudden, a deep growling came out of the hole. Out of the dusty black came this wily, mangy looking mother Great Dane that, on all fours, was probably the size of a small horse. I swung my bag off my shoulder to use as a shield, but the motion scared it and it growled louder. I thought we were dead for sure. Immediately, I did the last thing I could think to do, and I said a prayer. I just asked Heavenly Father that the dog not bite me, and I felt immediately prompted to relax, and step down. I stood up straight, and relaxed my muscles, exposing myself. The dog kind of did the same, then quickly slipped past me to check on some puppies I hadn't seen. No bite. Super big miracle. We also set a baptismal date with a kid who lived in that house. Super big miracle.
How is your bag holding up?
Did you do anything to mark your one year anniversary in the mission?
Not really. It was my turn to burn a shirt, but I figured I would save the shirt.
Mom, Dad, I love you guys so much. It hasn't changed a bit since I came out. I love Jonah and Isaac and I pray for all four of you guys every day.
I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Elder Noah Hickman

No comments:
Post a Comment