Hey guys!
Wow, school is starting earlier this year. How do Jonah and Isaac feel about it? I'm excited for both of them! Isaac is just such a great kid, and I'm excited to see him grow. Also, Senior year will be super fun for Jonah. Has he thought a little bit about where he wants to go to college? Just let him know that I love him. Tell him as well that if he trusts the Lord, that the Lord will put him where he needs to be and he will have the success he needs. I love him. I love Isaac too! Give him a big hug for me.
They are gathering items for the missionaries serving in the Philippines. Many of those missionaries don't even have the basic supplies, like ties, shirts, pants etc.
How did you feel about transfers? Were you surprised that you stayed or just super excited?
Where did Elder Stanley go?
Yeah I was super surprised! I already had my suitcases like half packed when I found out, but I was super pumped. He (Stanley) went to Corpus! To University Heights, which is where I wanted to go if I got a greenie. Not going to lie, I was a little disappointed that I didn't train, since the majority of my group has or is training. It's just my pride. I expressed some of my disappointment to Elder Myler, and he said something that really helped; he said, "Elder Hickman, there is just a specific greenie coming in next transfer that God wants you to train, and it is really important that you train him." It was something to that effect, at least. It helped me a lot to put it in perspective. I sure do love Elder Myler.
Elder Myler sounds wise and seems like a really good guy.
He really is. I was super happy that I stayed with him. I wanted to train, but, if I didn't I wanted to stay here with Elder Myler. 6 transfers in Laredo! This really is my home. I love this place so much.
What is the status of your investigators? For whom should we pray?
Pues, ahora estamos en la "pura chamba" parte de la obra. (Well , we are now in the "pure job" part of the work.) We set 15 baptismal dates last week, found 13 new investigators, and received 48 referrals, but no one came to church. The Lord is just waiting to see out patience, faith, and love through this whole thing. I am confident that, soon, we will be bringing dozens to church. Keep praying for H*, U*, and A*. Also, pray for A* and O*. Thanks guys! I love you!
What is a tender mercy that you had this week?
Hmm . . . well I had an exchange I was kind of nervous for, because it was with one of the new Zone Leaders who kind of scared me, so I was really praying to have a good exchange. Turns our he's a great guy and really fun to work with. We also received enough referrals in that one day to hit the weekly standard of excellence in that day alone. Great miracle. God sure does love us.
How often do you check the mailbox, by the way? Every day, or just every few days?
We usually check it everyday, because it's so easy access, and sometimes other Elders get mail in our mailbox.
We have had a family from Chile move into our ward. They speak almost no English . . .
That family from Chile sounds awesome, by the way! Does he have a pretty thick Chilean accent? Poor guy. I remember sitting in church as a greenie in the Spanish wards and not knowing what was going on.
Oh, and btw - I am so glad that you are both enjoying your callings so much. That really helps me to go forward with faith and really enjoy mine.
Sorry - I didn't take a ton of pictures this week. Those are all from transfers.
Pos, I sure do love you guys. That will never, ever
change. My most sincere desire is to love my family with all of my
heart. After seeing all of the horrible, broken families down here and
feeling the vacancy that the spirit leaves when it is gone in a home, I
want nothing more than to love you guys as much as I humanly can, and
hopefully a little more with help from God. I love you all.
Elder Noah Hickman

No comments:
Post a Comment